• January 3This is a test breaking news headline.

The student news site of Arnold O. Beckman High School

The Beckman Chronicle

Filed under Entertainment

Paramore: Laugh When you Cry

Paramore+returns+for+more+music+with+the+same+fun+feel+that+fans+are+sure+to+enjoy.+
Paramore returns for more music with the same fun feel that fans are sure to enjoy.

Creative Commons

Creative Commons

Hayley Williams and the other members of Paramore return to listeners with a new album, After Laughter, which proves to be just a chaotic and even more fun then there previous releases. The band’s latest work concentrates on Alternative Rock and continues to produce music that virtually anyone can enjoy. The bands new release also focuses more on William’s personal struggles while in the band, adding even more depth and emotion for fans. And on April 19, Paramore released their single, “Hard Times” that will soon follow their new album After Laughter. With a more mature collection and songs deeply rooted in the personal emotions of the artists, Paramore returns even more impressive than ever.

“Hard Times” follows Williams’ thoughts and feelings about depression and growing up, different from that of her previous album, which had a heavier emphasis on relationships. While based on the challenges and difficulties of life, “Hard Times” still has a very playful and youthful element to it, still giving listeners an enjoyable song from the band. The song highlights the struggle of being lost in depression and not being sure how to move on with life, an idea and experience that many listeners are sure to identify with and find to be helpful and relatable. And the song also comments on society’s influence over these dark place in life. Hayley Williams sings about the “rain clouds” in life and describes how one must push through these obstacles because of the increasingly difficult times ahead that are certain to appear. And in contrast to previous Paramore hits, such as “Still Into You” and “Ain’t It Fun”, “Hard Times” gives audiences more to consider and explore; the depth and maturity of the single only furthers the development and added interest that the band has achieved.

In the album After Laughter, “Hard Times” is only a glimmer at the serious, and at the same time playful tone that Paramore has to offer listeners. From commentary of society to the darkness and hopelessness of depression, Hayley Williams and the rest of Paramore provide songs that can easily be danced to and also examined for deeper meaning. Suitable for audiences of all ages, “After the Laughter” is an album that is certain to engage listeners, challenge them to surpass the struggles found in life and to also live with joy and energy. For anyone looking for a new song to enjoy that is not as shallow as Paramore’s pervious work, listen to their most recent release After Laughter and look for their complete collection on sale May 12.

(5 out of 5 stars)