• January 3This is a test breaking news headline.

The student news site of Arnold O. Beckman High School

The Beckman Chronicle

Filed under Sports

Rahul Aggarwal Runs to Success

Rahul+Aggarwal+breaks+the+thirty-two+hundred+meter+run+record+at+Pacific+Coast+League+Prelims.+
Rahul Aggarwal breaks the thirty-two hundred meter run record at Pacific Coast League Prelims.

Photograph Courtesy of Rahul Aggarwal

Photograph Courtesy of Rahul Aggarwal

Freshman Rahul Aggarwal has been dedicated to track for two years and is already an exceptional runner. He has earned many accomplishments throughout track and cross country season, even though this is only his first year at Beckman. He set a new record for his team in the Pacific Coast League (PCL) prelims in the thirty-two hundred meter run and was even Frosh-Soph Orange County (OC) top seven in cross country. Aggarwal states about breaking the record, “It was a good accomplishment for me, and it was the first time I’ve ever earned an individual fulfillment, so I’m really happy that I won it.”

Although he has been doing cross country and track for only two years, he has already fell in love with it. He claims, “My favorite thing about track is having a team to support you, having fun, and racing.” Aggarwal also believes that being on a team means to have a strong mentality and good teamwork, even though it’s an individual sport. The support of his teammates only pushes him to do better. 

Although Aggarwal makes it seem easy, breaking the PCL record and getting in the OC top seven was not an easy feat. His effort, determination, and discipline before and during a race has allowed him to perform exceptionally during his races and grow into a great runner. Aggarwal practices many drills to get ready for a race and does not let himself get distracted while warming up. He stays in a focused mentality and when the race comes, puts all his energy into it. He states, “I think it’s really important to have a strong mentality and have good teamwork if you want to be successful, especially in a mentally exhausting sport like track.” Aggarwal’s focus and discipline has allowed him to achieve the best and without it, he would not be the great athlete he is today.

Aggarwal’s tenacious attitude and endeavor helped him rise to the top. He realizes that even though track is an individual sport, you need to have a good team and teammates to get through a race. Aggarwal will continue to persevere in track for the rest of his high school experience.