Senior Quotes Are Back!

Senior quotes have made a comeback. The yearbook staff has hung up flyers announcing the news around campus and to remind seniors to submit their quotes.

Stephanie Xu

Stephanie Xu

Srihitha Somasila, Staff Writer

IRVINE – Last Friday, Sept. 29, the Beckman High School administration announced that they will have senior quotes for the graduating class of 2018. The school administration and yearbook editorial staff collectively agreed on the decision to have the senior quotes back in the yearbook.

Last year, the seniors were not granted the privilege of senior quotes because of misconduct from previous years. Some seniors submitted inappropriate quotes making yearbook staff’s job much more difficult since they had to screen each quote and have many seniors resubmit new quotes.

However this year, the administration and yearbook advisor, Mr. Blair decided to give senior quotes another chance. Mr. Blair discussed with the yearbook’s editorial staff about his conditions.“My condition was that if admin[istration] agreed to allow senior quotes back, and they felt the editors and leads had a solid enough plan in place to prevent any kind of issues that may pop up […] If they were able to convince not me but the admin to that effect, I would be okay with bringing senior quotes back,” said Mr. Blair. The yearbook staff was able to persuade the administration, so seniors were granted with quotes again.

Seniors around campus were happy with the decision.  “[I was] happy, really really elated because of that [decision],” stated senior Jillianne Fernando. “It’s so fun to have [senior quotes], [and] it’s something memorable and something you’ll [look] back to.”

However, not everyone is completely happy with this conclusion. When alumni Sivani Pelluru, the class of 2017, was asked on her opinion she stated, “Well that’s not fair considering it skipped only our year and because I was looking forward throughout my entire high school career for choosing my senior quote but didn’t have the chance to.” However, Pelluru was still happy for the seniors as they will be able to experience the high school tradition of senior quotes.

After seeing announcement flyers around campus, the seniors are looking forward to submitting their quotes into the yearbook. They will be given until Nov. 3 to submit their senior quotes to a Google form that was shared to them through their school email account.

1 Comment

One Response to “Senior Quotes Are Back!”

1. Alex Cho on November 3rd, 2017 10:07 pm

The only time i set the bar low is for limbo -Michael Scott (The Office)

[Reply]

• Senior Quotes Are Back!

N E W S

Spirit Week’s Chamber of Secrets

• Senior Quotes Are Back!

N E W S

Rushing for New Clubs

• Senior Quotes Are Back!

N E W S

Destructive Canyon Fire 2 Blazes Through Orange County

• Senior Quotes Are Back!

N E W S

Surviving AP Exam Week

• Senior Quotes Are Back!

N E W S

Celebrating the 9th Annual Film Festival

• Senior Quotes Are Back!

N E W S

Tune in to Beckman’s Choir

• Senior Quotes Are Back!

N E W S

Do It Yourself: DIY Club

• Senior Quotes Are Back!

N E W S

Beckman Tech Team Recruits New Members

• Senior Quotes Are Back!

N E W S

C’mon and (Poetry) Slam

• Senior Quotes Are Back!

N E W S

Rhyming in the Poetry Cafe

The student news site of Arnold O. Beckman High School
Senior Quotes Are Back!