A Night of Fright at Knott’s Scary Farm

Knott's Scary Farm is filled with Halloween-themed decorations. A pumpkin decoration lights up in red flames, emitting red smoke behind a devilish pumpkin grin.

Photo courtesy of April Wang

Photo courtesy of April Wang

Montreh Sohrabian, Staff Writer

BUENA PARK – Knott’s Berry Farm held its annual haunted Halloween event,Knott’s Scary Farm, from Sept. 21 through Oct. 31. Many students from Beckman High School attended for the sole reason of getting a good scare with their friends before Halloween.

The theme park, Knott’s Berry Farm, was completely transformed into a spooky setting. A different theme was associated with each part of the park. One part of the park was circus-themed with clowns walking around. Frightening mazes were also scattered around the park, and actors dressed up as monsters would walk around the park and scare unsuspecting visitors.

Many students thought that Knott’s Scary Farm was an entertaining and thrilling event for friends. “It was really fun because we were all screaming and scared,” said freshman Kylie Soto. “Going in the mazes was the most fun part.”

However, spending the night at Knott’s Scary Farm was not as exciting as many students thought it would be. Junior Jenna Fabris visited Knott’s Scary Farm with her friends but did not enjoy it as much as she wanted to. “Some of the lines were more than three hours long, so I didn’t get to go on very many rides or mazes,” said Fabris. “I would [go] back, but I would probably go on a day other than Saturday farther from Halloween when it would be less busy.”

While many students had experienced the thrill of Knott’s Scary Farm, some have never visited the park. “I’d like to go to Knott’s Scary Farm because I like the sheer terror and dread it gives you,” said sophomore Pablo Castro-Martinez. “I like the excitement. And I think it’s pretty fun as well.” Plenty of students like Castro-Martinez desire to go to Knott’s Scary Farm because of the adrenaline rush that they feel when they go through the mazes and get scared.

Whether or not the students had liked their visit to Knott’s Scary Farm, the theme park was another way to celebrate Halloween rather than trick-or-treating. Although the dates for next year’s Knott’s Scary Farm have not been announced, students have already been looking forward to visit the theme park in the future.